Would you like to be our Gala Queen for 2019 or a member of her retinue?
If you’re in years 4 or 5 primary school and would like to be one of the most important people in Poulton on Gala Day, attend important events and act as an ambassador for the town during the Queen’s year of office, you are invited to complete the application form below.
All applicants must have the permission of their parents or guardian.
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th October 2018.
Please note, we have a list of requirements which parents / guardians must read before applying. We are not trying to put people off, we just want to ensure you understand the important role of Poulton Gala Queen & her retinue and the work which is involved. As a committee we will provide any advice and support where required. We will also provide you with a budget for which to buy dresses and to decorate the float.
- Date of Poulton Gala is Saturday 1st June 2019.
- Applicants must be in year 4 or 5 junior school.
- Applicants must live in Poulton or Carleton.
- This year we will consider boys to apply to be part of the retinue.
- The Queen and retinue should be available on certain other dates such as other Galas throughout the summer. Remembrance Day Sunday (11th November) to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph in Poulton. Poulton Christmas Festival (Friday 7th December approx. 4pm) for the lighting of the Crib & Tree. 2020 Poulton Gala day (Saturday 6th June 2020) to attend as retiring queen.
- The queen and retinue, with help from their friends & families, are responsible for:
- Sourcing and buying the dresses (budget and advice will be provided by the gala committee).
- Decorating the Poulton gala float. *Please note; a driver for the float may be required. A trailer or a flatbed transit van style truck will be provided by Wyre Council, budget and advice will be provided by the gala committee.
- We would like the Gala queen & retinue to get involved and do some promotion / fundraising for the Gala.
- Applicants are invited to write a few words about themselves.
- Cut-off date for applications is Monday 29th October 2018.
- All applicants will receive acknowledgement of their application and are to be informed if they are successful or not.
All information provided will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will NOT be shared with anyone. This information will only be seen by the Poulton Gala Queen Selection Group who are part of the 2019 Poulton Gala committee. If you have any concerns or questions then please get in touch.