Would you like to be our Gala Queen for 2020 or a member of the retinue?
If you’re in years 3 to 6 primary school and would like to be one of the most important people in Poulton on Gala Day, attend important events and act as an ambassador for the town during the Queen’s year of office, you are invited to complete the application form below.
All applicants must have the permission of their parents or guardian.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 24th November 2019.
Please note, we have a list of requirements which parents / guardians must read before applying. We are not trying to put people off, we just want to ensure you understand the important role of Poulton Gala Queen & the retinue and the work which is involved. As a committee we will provide any advice and support where required. We will also provide you with a budget for which to buy dresses and to decorate the float.
- Date of Poulton Gala is Saturday 6th June 2020.
- Applicants must be in year 3 – 6 primary school.
- Applicants must live in Poulton or Carleton.
- We encourage boys as well as girls to apply to be part of the retinue.
- There will be a Christmas Disco event for all at the VPCC, on Sunday 8th December 2019, 2-4pm.
- The Queen and retinue should be available on certain other dates such as other Galas throughout the summer. Remembrance Day Sunday (8th November) to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph in Poulton. Poulton Christmas Festival (Friday 4th December approx. 4pm) for the lighting of the Crib & Tree. Poulton Gala day (Saturday 5th June 2021) to attend as retiring queen.
- The queen and retinue, with help from their friends & families, are responsible for:
- Sourcing and buying the dresses. The gala committee will give a budget and help in the selection of outfits.
- Decorating the Poulton gala float. This will be a flatbed Transit van (Provided by Wyre Council) and will require a driver. The committee will provide help, advice and a budget for the building and decoration of the float. If you do not want to build a float, you will be required to walk at each gala.
- We would like the Gala queen & retinue to get involved and do some promotion / fundraising for the Gala.
- Applicants are invited to write a few words about themselves.
- Cut-off date for applications is Sunday 24th November 2019.
- All applicants will receive acknowledgement of their application and are to be informed if they are successful or not.
All information provided will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will NOT be shared with anyone. This information will only be seen by the Poulton Gala Queen Selection Group who are part of the 2020 Poulton Gala committee. If you have any concerns or questions then please get in touch.